Bookable guided tours
60-minute guided tours can be booked for each of our exhibitions (or a 90-minute combined exhibition guided tour):
- Die Seele (permanent exhibition on 20th-century literature, from 7 November 2021 onwards)
- Schiller, Hölderlin, Kerner, Mörike
- Hölderlin, Celan and the Languages of Poetry (until 19 September 2021)
- Let it Shine! Peter Rühmkorf – self-expressing and self-rhyming (until 31 October 2021)
- Narrating Africa (until 19 September 2021)
Tours are also available in English or French as well as for special needs groups.
Writing and reading workshops for school classes
Workshops lasting 120 minutes can be booked for school classes. Whether it is possible to hold extracurricular events is regulated by the Corona Ordinance.
The workshops of the Literature School guide the conscious and creative use of language, they sensitise for different methods and text genres, for different art forms, media and cultures and thus train writing, reading and communication skills. Each workshop is combined with a short guided tour of the museum. The workshop on Walter Benjamin's Berlin Childhood is four hours long.
Primary school from grade 2
- Schiller from head to toe
- Rhyming and blotting
- From Axe Book to Secret Writing (from 7 November 2021 onwards)
- Theatre with Erich Kästner (from 7 November 2021 onwards)
Secondary class 1
- Schiller's things
- Writeable (from 7 November 2021 onwards)
- Cleaning up Poetry (from 7 November 2021 onwards)
- Infinite Tales with Michael Ende (from 7 November 2021 onwards)
Secondary 2 (all from 7 November 2021 onwards)
- The Essay
- Hermann Hesse - a »Steppenwolf«?
- Kafka's Trial under the magnifying glass
- Cutting and gluing
- Images of Memory. Walter Benjamin's Berlin Childhood around 1900