Users are advised that use of the collections of the German Literature Archive is currently subject to the following restrictions:
- Users must register their visit in advance. Use of the facilities is only possible with prior appointment, due to very limited number of seats in the manuscripts reading room. Please registration with the Archive or Library by phone or email.
- The reading rooms are open from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. The GLA is closed on weekends.
- Media and collections that cannot be viewed in the reading rooms (incl. uncatalogued closed collections, images and objects, sound and image carriers), are currently excluded from use. Please contact us as early as possible if you require these media or collections for your research.
- Please note that items currently being exhibited must be ordered at least 2 weeks in advance of your visit.
- All visitors to the GLA must wear a safety mask that covers both mouth and nose while in the building.
- All visitors are required to complete the DLA’s Corona questionnaire on every day of their visit (you can download it here).
- The reception is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and is available for questions regarding registration and entry to the building under the following telephone number: 07144-848-220.
- The cafeteria is open from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. A limited menu is available. Please note that max. 10 persons may gather in the cafeteria at the same time. Coffee and tea are available from the machines in the cafeteria, while cold soft drinks can be purchased from the vending machine in the basement.
- Please keep you distance! (min. 1.5m)
Information Service Archive
Telephone +49 (0) 7144 / 848-425
Telefax +49 (0) 7144 / 848-490
Monday to Friday: 9 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Information Service Library
Telephone +49 (0) 7144 / 848-318
Telefax +49 (0) 7144 / 848-390
Monday to Friday: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.